Theses are pictures of places and structures that will have been much the same when the family lived in the area.
- Kershaw House, Luddenden.
Kershaw House in Luddenden Lane, Luddenden, is an example of an F plan house: two bays projecting from one main structure.
The house is mentioned in 1307 as Kirkeschawe ('church copse'). In the 1500s it belonged to cloth manufacturer John Beaumont. The house was rebuilt in 1650 by James Murgatroyd for son Thomas and his wife Anna. The Murgatroyds made their money milling corn, weaving and spinning worsted. Some of the house's features are similar to those at East Riddlesden Hall, Keighley, which J Murgatroyd rebuilt in 1642. Kershaw House has a rose window with diamond-shaped instead of circular lights. The buildings were converted for domestic usage in 1910. It is now Kershaw House Inn.
- Luddenden Dean.